- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Adam Dunn Would-Be Homer Defies Physics, Bounces Off Wall Twice (VIDEO)
There are a lot of things about baseball that just don’t make sense.
For one, people actually pay to watch a game that takes three hours for an average of 17 minutes and 58 seconds of actual action. There’s also the fact that it has its own statistical field of study. And then you take into account that fat people can actually be really good at baseball (see: Fielder, Prince; Sandoval, Pablo) and the sport gets even more mind-blowing!
But until yesterday, baseball had not yet managed to reach the incredible feat of defying the laws of physics.
That’s when White Sox slugger Adam Dunn stepped up to the plate, smacked what looked to be a sure homer to left field, and forever changed the faced the Earth as we know it.
If anybody out there can give me some kind of statistical percentage chance that a baseball on that trajectory would not only hit the top of the wall, but somehow bounce directly up and hit it again before returning to the field, I would really appreciate that.
In the mean time, this is the best calculation I can provide:
(If you don’t have two minutes to spare for some great comedy, fast-forward to the last ten seconds.)
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts