- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- We Remixed That KG Beats Commercial By Adding Radiohead's "Creep"
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Alex Rodriguez Is Ready To Sue The MLB If They Don’t Drop His Entire 211-Game Ban
Even though we’ve heard that the MLB has a truck-load of evidence tying Alex Rodriguez to years of PED use, the slugger is apparently willing to put it all on the line in court… not that he has much of a choice if he wants to play baseball next year, or even the year after that.
Sources directly connected to A-Rod tell us he’s prepared to march into Federal court next month … unless the 211-game suspension the MLB slapped him with last week isn’t entirely lifted.
The reason for A-Rod’s bold demand — A-Rod sources familiar with the investigation tell us Alex hasn’t tested positive and never “knowingly” used PEDs since 2003 … the last season he admitted using ‘roids. Our sources say A-Rod has been drug tested 11 times between 2011 and the present … and all of the results were negative.
A-Rod will reportedly look to sue the MLB for “various things, including a violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players’ union and the league.” That’s a pretty bold move from a guy who has already been basically convicted by everyone, including us, of taking PEDs.
This is a swing for the fences, but there appears to be a lot of grey area. A-Rod isn’t necessarily saying he didn’t take PEDs, but that he’s never been caught and to ban him 211 games is ludicrous. That’s an argument that might hold up in court, depending on what the league brings to the table. If A-Rod is found to have definitively taken steroids, his attempts to say the league persecuted him will hold little water.
Either way, the onus will now be the league to prove that he really did get the goods from the Biogenesis clinic. You know, like the 13 other dudes who admitted to doing so and have already taken their suspensions.
Photo via Getty
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind