- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Today In Being A Real Estate Mogul: Alex Rodriguez Spent $15 Million On His Miami Mansion And Flipped It For $30 Million
Alex Rodriguez is an injured, disgraced former All-Star who would make his own team’s fans eternally grateful if he never returned to the baseball diamond. But a man can’t just sit around waiting for potential steroid bombshells to drop on his head while he recovers from hip surgery — he’s gotta do something! Like make a shit ton of money in his real estate dealings!
A-Rod reportedly purchased the property for his mansion in 2010 for $7.4 million, then spent another $7.6 million (or, as he calls it, the money he found in a pocket of old jeans and under the couch) building the house itself.
The 19,861-square-foot estate — which features 9 bedrooms, 11 full bathrooms (plus 2 half bathrooms), a 4-car garage and Matt Damon as a neighbor — was just sold for a whopping $30 million. That will turn out to be an incredible investment if the new owner finds steroids in the bathroom cabinet.
So what does A-Rod’s $30 million crib look like? This:
All photos via Sotheby’s Realty
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights