- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Alfredo Aceves Really Wasn’t Feeling A Butt Slap From Bobby Valentine
Alfredo Aceves and Dustin Pedroia exchanged a few heated words in the dugout following some miscommunications in the field during yesterday’s Red Sox game against the Oakland Athletics. Aceves repeatedly attempted to pick off an Oakland runner on second base, and by the third throw Pedroia barely even made it over to the bag to catch the pickoff attempt. After the inning, Aceves and Pedroia got in each other’s faces, with Bobby Valentine meandering over to pretend to interject.
After the two parted ways with Aceves still fuming, Bobby V gave him the old “cheer up!” butt slap. Except Aceves wasn’t having any of that, so he tried to thwart Bobby V’s hand before any hand-to-butt contact could ensue. Unfortunately, Valentine kept walking nonchalantly because he managed to execute his astute managerial pep-talk butt slap – Aceves’ left arm just couldn’t quite make the save. So Aceves turned to Bark at Valentine some more. “Don’t you see that I’m upset?!?! Keep your hands away from my ass!” (That is a direct quote.)
Thanks to the folks over at Eye On Baseball, you can check out the almost-butt slap through this slow-mo GIF:
And, if you’re curious to see the entire goings on, from near disaster pickoff throw to aborted butt slap, head over to MLB.com.
[GIF via Eye On Baseball]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story