- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
New York Mets Beat Writer Hits Rock Bottom, Writes This Lede
Yes, it’s still early, but the New York Mets‘ 2011 prospects look pretty bleak. They currently own the National League’s worst record at 5-12, and if you’re, say, assigned to cover them for a living, they’re not providing much interesting material.
Andy Martino of the New York Daily News is one of those unfortunate individuals tasked with making the Mets interesting, and after a listless 6-1 loss to the previously 5-11 Astros yesterday, he’d had enough. Here’s how he began his game story from today:
Blah blah blah blah rain blah blah blah Niese blah blah Astros blah blah Mets got spanked. Blah blah, 6-1. We really don’t know what else to tell you about this one. But we will try:
It was probably a good move to let Martino write that. After all, almost 90 percent of the season still lies ahead, and if he lets his frustrations build and build, imagine the ledes he’ll be writing then. Fortunately, now we don’t have to, and hopefully he’ll keep letting off steam from time to time provided the Mets don’t actually get better/more interesting (and is anyone expecting that to happen at this point?).
We’d also be doing a disservce to Martino if we didn’t point out the conclusion of his story, which we also enjoyed:
[The Mets] did not simply lose Tuesday night; they were dead. Which leads one to wonder who they can beat, if they can’t beat the worst.
It’s almost too evocative – we feel like our energy is sapped just reading it. So now that we feel the pain of the likes of Martino and Keith Hernandez, we’ll say it too: blah.
[h/t Jimmy Traina]
AP photo (Frank Franklin II – seriously, Frank Franklin II), via
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts