- Jay Cutler Walked Into The Stadium Looking Douchier Than Ever
- The Real Reason The Vikings Don't 'Foresee' Adrian Peterson 'In Their Future'
- Mike Francesa Explains Why Roger Goodell Isn't Going Anywhere Anytime Soon
- Dear God This Kid Was Really Excited To Give A Post-Game Interview
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Apparently Paul McCartney’s Candlestick Park Farewell Concert Was A Traffic Disaster
And see? THIS is why they’re tearing it down.
— ABC7 News (@abc7newsBayArea) August 15, 2014
Paul McCartney staged his Candlestick Park farewell concert on Friday night, and a SportsGrid reader relates his experience:
I got tickets to the show months ago. We left San Mateo at 6p.m. and didn’t get in to see the show at all. It was torture sitting in the car. There were several thousand people stuck in the gridlock. We left at 11 pm still not being able to get in. There were several parking lots with doors closed but we could see spots to park. This was THE most mismanaged show I have been to.
What happens to the over $300 we shelled out to see the show? Any idea who we can contact?
Being an ardent Sir Paul fan, I have seen his other shows but this one was a true disaster, waste of time. The only good thing was the camraderie of our fellow gridlock fans.
The authorities at Candlestick, the Mayor’s office and the organizers need to come forward and take full responsibility for this disaster.
Goodbye Candlestick gridlock: we shall not miss you. Levi’s Stadium, by the way, stages its first NFL preseason game today. Hopefully traffic will flow smoothly (haha, it won’t).
— Nannette Miranda (@NannetteNewz) August 15, 2014
I can think of no more fitting farewell to Candlestick Park than massive traffic jams and human misery: http://t.co/IGg3OHYNaY
— Philip Michaels (@PhilipMichaels) August 15, 2014
Perspective: McCartney's Candlestick show & Levi's opener both had 49k fans. Peak traffic delays were 3+ hours at Stick & 1.5 hrs at Levi's.
— Mike Rosenberg (@RosenbergMerc) August 15, 2014
— KPIX 5 (@CBSSF) August 15, 2014
— NBC Bay Area (@nbcbayarea) August 15, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Paul McCartney
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence