- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Arizona Pitcher Daniel Hudson Is Not Happy With The Picture Topps Chose For His Baseball Card
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson, who broke onto the scene in 2011 with a 16-12 record and a 3.49 ERA, missed most of last year after undergoing Tommy John surgery on July 9. Only a couple weeks earlier on June 26th, he exited his start in the second inning with an elbow injury. Though the discomfort had been lingering for weeks, he attributed it to after-start soreness and tried (unsuccessfully) to work through the pain. But an MRI and two doctors’ opinions later, he had a torn ulnar collateral ligament and needed the dreaded Tommy John surgery.
It’s safe to say that June 26th is a day Daniel Hudson would like to forget – the despair, the anger, the pain, all of it. Luckily some negligent schlub over at Topps was perusing Getty Images for a Hudson photo to slap on his Topps Heritage baseball card (their retro-style card), when he stumbled across this one:
Perfect! That off-into-the-distance look, so philosophical.
Oh, wait – GUHHH:
— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) March 24, 2013
Hold on a minute: let’s check this. Was this really that moment, right as Hudson left the game in the second inning and his next year and a half went up in flames? Uh, yeah. Per the photo description on Getty:
“ATLANTA, GA – JUNE 26: Daniel Hudson #41 of the Arizona Diamondbacks reacts with Aaron Hill #2 prior to being pulled in the second inning against the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field on June 26, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia.”
Alright, alright, he’s not that mad.
@toppscards sorry guys. I really didn’t mean for this whole thing to blow up like it did. It was honestly a joke love what u guys do!
— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) March 25, 2013
Photo via Kevin C. Cox, Getty Images
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'