- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Watch Aroldis Chapman Take A Game-Cancelling Line Drive To The Face
As pitchers taking line drives to the face go, this one is absolutely brutal. Aroldis Chapman of the Reds was on the mound in the sixth inning against the Royals, and Salvador Perez was at the plate. Perez hit a liner straight back to the mound, and Chapman was unable to get his hands up in time to protect his face.
Watch, but be warned, this is not for the squeamish. The ball hits Chapman and ricochets back into foul territory, which gives you an idea of how fast it was traveling when it made contact:
Surprise Stadium, indeed! Get it? Anybody?
Chapman remained on the ground for 11 minutes before being carted off. He spent last night at a local hospital, where early tests revealed fractures above his left eye and nose. As for the game, both managers decided to call it off after witnessing this truly frightening experience. We’ll keep you updated on Chapman’s status.
UPDATE: Sounds like things could have been worse.
Reds closer Aroldis Chapman will have surgery to insert metal plate to repair broken bone above left eye but has no other serious injuries.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 20, 2014
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts