- SportsGrid's Week 16 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Painful
- Kanye In Chicago: ♬ We Shoulda Never Let Michael Jordan Play For The Wizards ♬
- The 50 Greatest Sports Moments Of 2013 (VIDEO MONTAGE)
- New Mike Zaun Francesa Parody: WWII
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
BBQ Sauce Is The New Pie To The Face In Walk-off Celebrations
You know a city loves BBQ when they use BBQ sauce instead of shaving cream to throw in the face of the walk-off hitter.
The Kansas City Royals beat the Detroit Tigers yesterday thanks to an Eric Hosmer walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th inning yesterday. He was mobbed at first base by teammates armed with a towel full of Billy Butler’s BBQ sauce that was promptly directed to his face.
The Royals have gone 7-1 since first baseman Billy Butler’s BBQ sauce has hit stores. The profits from the sauce go to charity and if the Royals keep on winning in walk-off fashion, it should sell quite well.
The speed of the BBQ sauce to the face was the most impressive thing about the video, they didn’t even wait till the post-game interview. They either filled it up in the dugout that inning or have a towel with BBQ sauce in it under glass with a sign reading “break in case of walk-off.”
- How To Spot Authentic Jerseys
- Top 5 Candidates To Replace Mack Brown As OSU's Head Coach
- Photo: Ohio State Fans Troll Clemson
- Shawn Porter Makes Case For Marcos Maidana Fight