- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Before They Lost, The Yankees Forced A Tigers Pitcher To Remove His Band-Aid Slowly, Grossly
Before he got out of a seventh-inning, bases loaded jam against the New York Yankees on Thursday night, Detroit Tigers pitcher Joaquin Benoit was asked by home plate umpire Ted Barrett to remove a giant Band-Aid from his face. Yankees manager Joe Girardi had asked that the “distracting” Band-Aid be removed, and as you can see in the video below, Benoit needed a few tries before he could get it off.
To that, we said: ewwwwwwww.
“I’m not trying to play a mind game or anything, but it was a pretty big Band-Aid and it was somewhat distracting, I think, it’s hard not to look at,” Girardi said. “I’m sure he had a legitimate reason, and it’s not something I necessarily wanted to do, but to me it would have been distracting.”
According to Tigers manager Jim Leyland, Benoit had an ingrown hair that became infected and then swelled up.
Benoit, the Tigers, his ingrown hair, and his giant facial lump would go on to defeat the Yankees 3-2. They’ll play the Rangers in Game 1 of the ALCS on Saturday.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy