- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
This Montage Of Red Sox Fans Calling Into A Local Radio Show Is Perfect On A Lot Of Levels
The reaction to Bobby Valentine’s hiring by the Boston Red Sox has, at least so far, been very positive. While some members of the Boston sports media are wary of Valentine’s mercurial nature, the fans are excited: according to the Globe’s minute-by-minute “Pulse” metric, 86% of the tweets relating to Valentine’s hiring have been been positive (as of 3:10pm today).
But if you really want to feel the pulse of the Boston sports fan, look no further than the local call-in radio shows. Fancy shmancy Twitter metrics, be damned. This is where you’ll find what the true fan (the common fan) thinks about the 44th manager of the Red Sox: on the airwaves of WEEI and 98.5 The Sports Hub.
This afternoon on SportsCenter, ESPN aired a montage of callers reacting to the hiring of Valentine. All of them are great, but our favorite is the crazed man at the end, who notes that Bobby V is “the first Eye-talian manager” of the team (the distinctly Bostonian pronunciation of “Carl Crawford” is a close second). One thing’s for sure: it’s going to be interesting season in Boston, both on the field, and on the airwaves.
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar