- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Montage Of Red Sox Fans Calling Into A Local Radio Show Is Perfect On A Lot Of Levels
The reaction to Bobby Valentine’s hiring by the Boston Red Sox has, at least so far, been very positive. While some members of the Boston sports media are wary of Valentine’s mercurial nature, the fans are excited: according to the Globe’s minute-by-minute “Pulse” metric, 86% of the tweets relating to Valentine’s hiring have been been positive (as of 3:10pm today).
But if you really want to feel the pulse of the Boston sports fan, look no further than the local call-in radio shows. Fancy shmancy Twitter metrics, be damned. This is where you’ll find what the true fan (the common fan) thinks about the 44th manager of the Red Sox: on the airwaves of WEEI and 98.5 The Sports Hub.
This afternoon on SportsCenter, ESPN aired a montage of callers reacting to the hiring of Valentine. All of them are great, but our favorite is the crazed man at the end, who notes that Bobby V is “the first Eye-talian manager” of the team (the distinctly Bostonian pronunciation of “Carl Crawford” is a close second). One thing’s for sure: it’s going to be interesting season in Boston, both on the field, and on the airwaves.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story