- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Montage Of Red Sox Fans Calling Into A Local Radio Show Is Perfect On A Lot Of Levels
The reaction to Bobby Valentine’s hiring by the Boston Red Sox has, at least so far, been very positive. While some members of the Boston sports media are wary of Valentine’s mercurial nature, the fans are excited: according to the Globe’s minute-by-minute “Pulse” metric, 86% of the tweets relating to Valentine’s hiring have been been positive (as of 3:10pm today).
But if you really want to feel the pulse of the Boston sports fan, look no further than the local call-in radio shows. Fancy shmancy Twitter metrics, be damned. This is where you’ll find what the true fan (the common fan) thinks about the 44th manager of the Red Sox: on the airwaves of WEEI and 98.5 The Sports Hub.
This afternoon on SportsCenter, ESPN aired a montage of callers reacting to the hiring of Valentine. All of them are great, but our favorite is the crazed man at the end, who notes that Bobby V is “the first Eye-talian manager” of the team (the distinctly Bostonian pronunciation of “Carl Crawford” is a close second). One thing’s for sure: it’s going to be interesting season in Boston, both on the field, and on the airwaves.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success