- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Brewers’ Jean Segura Heads Home Following Tragic Death Of His Son
We here at SportsGrid typically share the amusing oddities and happenstances taking place in the world of sports with a little analysis and opinion along the way.
But sometimes, the sports world and the real world collide and we are reminded of how harsh life can be. We are very sad to report that Jean Segura’s nine-year-old son has passed away.
#Brewers SS Jean Segura has left the team to travel to the Dominican Republic. His 9-month-old son passed away yesterday.
— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) July 12, 2014
We extend our deepest condolences to Jean Segura and his family on the loss of his young son.
— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) July 12, 2014
The Milwaukee Brewers shortstop will be heading home to his native Dominican Republic following the tragic incident. Details on the cause of death were not made available. The Brewers alluded to the news last night when manager Ron Roenicke told the media that the team would be closing its clubhouse doors to reporters following the Brewers’ game, citing a death of a player’s family member.
The team has placed Segura on the bereavement list. It is not clear how long he is expected to be out of baseball, but our thoughts are with Segura and his family during this tough time as he grieves.
Roenicke gave a statement this afternoon:
“Obviously it’s tough on him,” he told reporters, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “He didn’t learn about it until after the game was over and one of the players came over and told him. I didn’t know what to say to him other than give him a hug, tell him we’re here for him. He had a tough time. All the guys came by.”
Our condolences go out to the Segura family.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts