- Steelers RBs Bell, Blount Both Arrested For Marijuana Possession
- HASHTAG GAMES: The 35 Best #NBAMovies Tweets
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Rhode Island Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Bryce Harper Tells Reporter He Asked A “Clown Question, Bro”; Internet Explodes
Bryce Harper smashed a home run to help his Nationals beat the Blue Jays in Toronto last night, and a media member from our neighbors up north took the opportunity to try and get a nice soundbite from the 19-year-old phenom. The reporter asked Harper if he’d take advantage of Canada’s drinking age and grab a legal, celebratory beer after the game.
A valiant effort: one quickly shut down by a Nationals PR member in the background, who scolded the reporter and told him to “ask something else.” Harper didn’t seem amused by the question, either, even before his caretaker’s intervention. His response?
“That’s a clown question, bro.”
Watch the video:
And a viral hashtag is born. Here’s an early sampling:
“”Bryce, do you own an Ed Hardy shirt?” #ThatsAClownQuestionBro
“Hey Bryce, what do you think about the Toronto FC backline?” #thatsaclownquestionbro
Bryce, what brand of mascara runs the most? #thatsaclownquestionbro
“Bryce, favorite Crazy Joe Davola episode?” #thatsaclownquestionbro
People are calling the reporter’s first question dumb, but the real “clown question” is when he asks Bryce if he has a favorite beer. Clearly, Bryce is a Natty Light guy. Actually, who am I kidding? Natty
Bryce Ice. Unless he’s actually Keith Stone in disguise, which isn’t out of the question.
- WBC Lifts Suspension Against Adrien Broner
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'