- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Can You Hit A Home Run At Petco Park? If So, The Padres Will Give You Season Tickets
It smells of Minor League marketing shenanigans, but it’s a real Major League promotion: the San Diego Padres are challenging fans to hit a home run at Petco Park for a pair of season tickets. The promotion is called Swing For Your Seats, and it takes place on March 15. All are welcome to sign up on a first-come-first-served basis, so I would start roiding up now.
Wait, not you, A-Rod. (See rules below).
Considering that the Padres themselves hit only 146 home runs (edit: 578 RBI) last season — third worst in the National League — this may just be a ploy to sign an additional bat.
Starting at 8:00am until 4:00pm, participants will be able to step up to the plate and face off against the pitching machine. Participants will get 1 swing or face two pitches. If the two pitches have gone by without a swing, your turn is over and you’re done. Now that is a high pressure situation.
But … from the official rules:
8. Participants who played Division I collegiate or professional baseball (whether major, minor or independent league) are not eligible for the Prize.
Doesn’t that include just about every adult male in the U.S.?
Unfortunately this promotion is not as awesomely named as “Coke and a Poke”, the Brevard County Manatees (Single-A) contest in 2007.
And anyone remember in 2011 when this happened?
Winner of video contest to bat against Lincecum: One fortunate fan will get a chance to take swings off Tim … http://es.pn/oQSaM4 #MLB
— Jenny Sports (@jennysports) August 9, 2011
- Filed Under:
- san diego padres
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?