- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
We Feel Obligated To Share This Video Of Carl Crawford Getting Hit In The Groin
Ah, the groin hit. Such an overused, hackneyed comic device that now even jokes about what an overused, hackneyed comic device it is (perfected, of course, here) are now themselves overused and hackneyed.
Still, something inside all of us can’t resist the visceral horror/comedy of a groin hit, so when a slightly errant pickoff throw during last night’s Orioles-Rays game struck Carl Crawford there, well, it was going to get noticed. (Note that the Simpsons sequence is so iconic in groin-hitting humor that Deadspin’s recap also contains a reference to it, via the hashtag #baseballtothegroinhadabaseballtothegroin.)
The Orioles won what sounds like a crazy game 11-10 in 13 innings, if you’re into that sort of thing. If not, feast your eyes on the video below. (Crawford left after his unfortunate incident.)
Oh, hell, here’s The Simpsons’ “Man Getting Hit By Football” too:
And hey, while we’re at it, here’s Idiocracy’s imagined future hit TV show for a dumbed-down population, Ow! My Balls!:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story