- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
We Feel Obligated To Share This Video Of Carl Crawford Getting Hit In The Groin
Ah, the groin hit. Such an overused, hackneyed comic device that now even jokes about what an overused, hackneyed comic device it is (perfected, of course, here) are now themselves overused and hackneyed.
Still, something inside all of us can’t resist the visceral horror/comedy of a groin hit, so when a slightly errant pickoff throw during last night’s Orioles-Rays game struck Carl Crawford there, well, it was going to get noticed. (Note that the Simpsons sequence is so iconic in groin-hitting humor that Deadspin’s recap also contains a reference to it, via the hashtag #baseballtothegroinhadabaseballtothegroin.)
The Orioles won what sounds like a crazy game 11-10 in 13 innings, if you’re into that sort of thing. If not, feast your eyes on the video below. (Crawford left after his unfortunate incident.)
Oh, hell, here’s The Simpsons’ “Man Getting Hit By Football” too:
And hey, while we’re at it, here’s Idiocracy’s imagined future hit TV show for a dumbed-down population, Ow! My Balls!:
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts
- Joes Reyes Can Rap?
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep