- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
We Feel Obligated To Share This Video Of Carl Crawford Getting Hit In The Groin
Ah, the groin hit. Such an overused, hackneyed comic device that now even jokes about what an overused, hackneyed comic device it is (perfected, of course, here) are now themselves overused and hackneyed.
Still, something inside all of us can’t resist the visceral horror/comedy of a groin hit, so when a slightly errant pickoff throw during last night’s Orioles-Rays game struck Carl Crawford there, well, it was going to get noticed. (Note that the Simpsons sequence is so iconic in groin-hitting humor that Deadspin’s recap also contains a reference to it, via the hashtag #baseballtothegroinhadabaseballtothegroin.)
The Orioles won what sounds like a crazy game 11-10 in 13 innings, if you’re into that sort of thing. If not, feast your eyes on the video below. (Crawford left after his unfortunate incident.)
Oh, hell, here’s The Simpsons’ “Man Getting Hit By Football” too:
And hey, while we’re at it, here’s Idiocracy’s imagined future hit TV show for a dumbed-down population, Ow! My Balls!:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts