- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Carl Yastrzemski To Get A Statue Outside Fenway
Because putting it outside of Dodger Stadium would be weird.
Carl Yastrzemski, 17 All Star Games, 7 Gold Gloves, 3,419 hits and one of the last players to need an ashtray in his locker, will be honored with a statue outside of Fenway Park, the Red Sox confirmed today.
The Red Sox want to place the Yastrzemski statue on Van Ness Street, between the statues of Ted Williams and “The Teammates” — Williams’ 1940s teammates Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio.
Red Sox spokeswoman Zineb Curran confirmed the organization was in discussions with the city to erect the Yastrzemski statue on the sidewalk.
As one can see in this Boston Herald graphic, the Red Sox are expecting enormous crowds for the unveiling, and may have to hire extra security.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?