- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Carl Yastrzemski To Get A Statue Outside Fenway
Because putting it outside of Dodger Stadium would be weird.
Carl Yastrzemski, 17 All Star Games, 7 Gold Gloves, 3,419 hits and one of the last players to need an ashtray in his locker, will be honored with a statue outside of Fenway Park, the Red Sox confirmed today.
The Red Sox want to place the Yastrzemski statue on Van Ness Street, between the statues of Ted Williams and “The Teammates” — Williams’ 1940s teammates Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio.
Red Sox spokeswoman Zineb Curran confirmed the organization was in discussions with the city to erect the Yastrzemski statue on the sidewalk.
As one can see in this Boston Herald graphic, the Red Sox are expecting enormous crowds for the unveiling, and may have to hire extra security.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship