- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Carl Yastrzemski To Get A Statue Outside Fenway
Because putting it outside of Dodger Stadium would be weird.
Carl Yastrzemski, 17 All Star Games, 7 Gold Gloves, 3,419 hits and one of the last players to need an ashtray in his locker, will be honored with a statue outside of Fenway Park, the Red Sox confirmed today.
The Red Sox want to place the Yastrzemski statue on Van Ness Street, between the statues of Ted Williams and “The Teammates” — Williams’ 1940s teammates Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio.
Red Sox spokeswoman Zineb Curran confirmed the organization was in discussions with the city to erect the Yastrzemski statue on the sidewalk.
As one can see in this Boston Herald graphic, the Red Sox are expecting enormous crowds for the unveiling, and may have to hire extra security.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- Dana White Believes He Has Worked Out Anthony Pettis Vs Jose Aldo
- Why Is Josh Thomson Still Firing Shots At Ben Henderson?
- Predicting Who Will Be First to Defeat Chris Weidman
- Lyoto Machida Received a Bonus Straight From Dana White's Pocket After Beating Tito Ortiz