- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Carl Yastrzemski To Get A Statue Outside Fenway
Because putting it outside of Dodger Stadium would be weird.
Carl Yastrzemski, 17 All Star Games, 7 Gold Gloves, 3,419 hits and one of the last players to need an ashtray in his locker, will be honored with a statue outside of Fenway Park, the Red Sox confirmed today.
The Red Sox want to place the Yastrzemski statue on Van Ness Street, between the statues of Ted Williams and “The Teammates” — Williams’ 1940s teammates Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr and Dom DiMaggio.
Red Sox spokeswoman Zineb Curran confirmed the organization was in discussions with the city to erect the Yastrzemski statue on the sidewalk.
As one can see in this Boston Herald graphic, the Red Sox are expecting enormous crowds for the unveiling, and may have to hire extra security.
- Filed Under:
- Boston Red Sox
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Tennis Babe Maria Sharapova Shows Off Her Personalized Porsche
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead