- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Carlos Gomez Robs Go-Ahead Joey Votto Home Run For The Win
Not much has gone right for the Milwaukee Brewers this season with the exception of Carlos Gomez. On Saturday, the center fielder was named to his first All-Star team and last night he did this:
The split second between catch and celebration is the best part of the clip. Gomez was so pumped full of adrenaline he had to make sure. The second best part, Joey Votto disputing something as objective as a home run saving catch. Joey there’s two options here: either the ball is over a 10 foot wall or in Gomez’s glove.
According to ESPN Stats and Information, Gomez has turned stealing home runs into an art form. He leads the MLB with four home run stealing catches, the next best has two. It’s too bad such specific stats aren’t kept historically, it would be interesting to see what’s the most home run robberies guys like Bo Jackson or Willie Mays had in a season.
I do know who the best father-son home run stealing team was, and I have the cheesy 90s video to prove it:
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot