- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
UPDATE: Carlos Santana, Indians Catcher, Suffers Knee Injury At Plate (VIDEO)
UPDATE: Amazingly, Santana escaped this collision with just a knee sprain. Obviously not an ideal situation, and he’s still going on the disabled list and will be out for a while, but this could have been a lot worse.
It has not been a good month for Cleveland. And, in the bottom of the 7th inning at Fenway Park, it just got worse, especially for Carlos Santana. The top prospect in the Cleveland Indians organization – and probably one of the best young players in the game, not just at catcher – found his left knee at the wrong end of the collision at the plate with Boston Red Sox outfielder Ryan Kalish.
The feed from NESN, thanks to MLB TV, is below. Quality isn’t great, but still, it’s pretty gut churning to watch. I really don’t think NESN needed the slow motion:
If you listen closely, Harold Reynolds calls it immediately: “He tore his left leg up, you can see it.” Hopefully Santana can recover quickly.
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement