- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
UPDATE: Carlos Santana, Indians Catcher, Suffers Knee Injury At Plate (VIDEO)
UPDATE: Amazingly, Santana escaped this collision with just a knee sprain. Obviously not an ideal situation, and he’s still going on the disabled list and will be out for a while, but this could have been a lot worse.
It has not been a good month for Cleveland. And, in the bottom of the 7th inning at Fenway Park, it just got worse, especially for Carlos Santana. The top prospect in the Cleveland Indians organization – and probably one of the best young players in the game, not just at catcher – found his left knee at the wrong end of the collision at the plate with Boston Red Sox outfielder Ryan Kalish.
The feed from NESN, thanks to MLB TV, is below. Quality isn’t great, but still, it’s pretty gut churning to watch. I really don’t think NESN needed the slow motion:
If you listen closely, Harold Reynolds calls it immediately: “He tore his left leg up, you can see it.” Hopefully Santana can recover quickly.
- Mayweather Jr. Vows to be Better Faster Stronger
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'