- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
UPDATE: Carlos Santana, Indians Catcher, Suffers Knee Injury At Plate (VIDEO)
UPDATE: Amazingly, Santana escaped this collision with just a knee sprain. Obviously not an ideal situation, and he’s still going on the disabled list and will be out for a while, but this could have been a lot worse.
It has not been a good month for Cleveland. And, in the bottom of the 7th inning at Fenway Park, it just got worse, especially for Carlos Santana. The top prospect in the Cleveland Indians organization – and probably one of the best young players in the game, not just at catcher – found his left knee at the wrong end of the collision at the plate with Boston Red Sox outfielder Ryan Kalish.
The feed from NESN, thanks to MLB TV, is below. Quality isn’t great, but still, it’s pretty gut churning to watch. I really don’t think NESN needed the slow motion:
If you listen closely, Harold Reynolds calls it immediately: “He tore his left leg up, you can see it.” Hopefully Santana can recover quickly.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier