- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Before His Final All-Star Game Ever, Chipper Jones Gave This Locker Room Speech
Prior to the last All-Star Game of his career, Atlanta Braves third baseman and future Hall-of-Famer Chipper Jones was asked by NL manager Tony La Russa (who himself would be taking part in his final Midsummer Classic) to give a pre-game speech. That speech was later shown by FOX during the game, and we have video here.
The gist of the pep talk, in case you’re at work and forgot your headphones:
”We’ve won two. Win three, and that’s a winning streak,” Jones told the team. ”We have an opportunity to do that tonight. And I am not going out losing my last one. So, you with me?”
It was a cool moment, and the 40-year-old Jones would later get a pinch-hit single in the sixth inning (and an emotional standing ovation) during the NL’s 8-0 win.
So, you with me?
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'