- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Before His Final All-Star Game Ever, Chipper Jones Gave This Locker Room Speech
Prior to the last All-Star Game of his career, Atlanta Braves third baseman and future Hall-of-Famer Chipper Jones was asked by NL manager Tony La Russa (who himself would be taking part in his final Midsummer Classic) to give a pre-game speech. That speech was later shown by FOX during the game, and we have video here.
The gist of the pep talk, in case you’re at work and forgot your headphones:
”We’ve won two. Win three, and that’s a winning streak,” Jones told the team. ”We have an opportunity to do that tonight. And I am not going out losing my last one. So, you with me?”
It was a cool moment, and the 40-year-old Jones would later get a pinch-hit single in the sixth inning (and an emotional standing ovation) during the NL’s 8-0 win.
So, you with me?
Video via CJ Fogler.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts