- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Chris Berman’s Nickname For Cardinals Pitcher Fernando Salas: “Tossed Salas.” Yeah.
Something Berman isn’t so fond of doing, as we learned via the new ESPN oral history book Those Guys Have All the Fun, is use the internet. This suggests someone not exactly on the cutting edge of modern culture, and one who therefore may not be up on what certain words and phrases have come to mean over the years. What do you get when you combine this implied obliviousness and his love for nicknames? This:
Of course, maybe we’re not giving Berman enough credit. Maybe he does know what that means to a lot of people out there, and was feeling edgy. Were that the case, we’d find ourselves liking Berman a little more, we think. (We doubt that’s the case.)
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success