- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Chris Berman’s Nickname For Cardinals Pitcher Fernando Salas: “Tossed Salas.” Yeah.
Something Berman isn’t so fond of doing, as we learned via the new ESPN oral history book Those Guys Have All the Fun, is use the internet. This suggests someone not exactly on the cutting edge of modern culture, and one who therefore may not be up on what certain words and phrases have come to mean over the years. What do you get when you combine this implied obliviousness and his love for nicknames? This:
Of course, maybe we’re not giving Berman enough credit. Maybe he does know what that means to a lot of people out there, and was feeling edgy. Were that the case, we’d find ourselves liking Berman a little more, we think. (We doubt that’s the case.)
- Were The 49ers (Sort Of) Robbed?
- Manny Pacquiao Facing Tax Problems in the U.S. Too?
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10