- This Butt-Check In Last Night's Sharks-Kings Game Was A Lot More Violent Than The Butt-Fumble
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Scott Engel's One On One: The Entrepreneur-Catcher John Buck
- Is This The Saddest Sports GIF Ever?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
A Compelling Argument Against Trying Too Hard For A Foul Ball
We understand the desire to get your hands on a foul, or otherwise out of play, ball at a big league game. We really do. Most people don’t get to go to very many such games, so going to one is an event – an event you’d like to commemorate with about the coolest souvenir possible. What other sport has that possibility, of a fan actually taking home a ball that was used during actual game action?
Moreover, getting your hands on one of those balls isn’t easy. Even a sparsely attended game will have thousand and thousands of spectators. Stadiums are big. Your seat is small. Foul balls are so coveted because they’re hard to come by. If you’ve got a chance to get one, you’re going all-out for it – to say nothing of the fact that reaching out for an object flying in your direction is human nature. So we do feel this guy’s pain… to an extent. Because while nabbing a foul ball is undeniably awesome, is it awesome enough to warrant this?
First off, we can’t believe that sequence of events actually took a piece of the guy’s scalp out. His fall didn’t look very harsh – hell, he was laughing just about as soon as he got up. Did it even hurt? Was he too stunned to realize it hurt? Also – it looked he batted the ball back onto the field with his own head. Maybe that was what had the effect on his scalp, or at least loosened things up for the ground to finish the job?
Either way, this is the rare gruesome injury that, upon first glance, didn’t look gruesome in the least. But when that camera zoomed in… “Ughhhhhhhh, jeez” is right. While he doesn’t have a ball, though, he does have a pretty interesting story, with video evidence backing him up. Really, given the choice, we’re not sure which one we’d want more. [looks at scalp again] Ball. Definitely the ball.
- The 50 Best Butts in Sports
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Kate Upton's Hottest Shots Yet
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter