- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Cubs Rookie Blasts Soler Flare Over CF In First At-Bat, Just Like Teammate Baez
Jorge Soler, 22, was called up Wednesday afternoon to play in his first Major League ballgame. By the end of the night, he has Cubs fans sticking their chests out with pride in what seems to be an early look at his power and ability.
In his very first at-bat in the bigs, he connected on a 2-1 pitch from Reds pitcher Mat Latos, and he poked a solo homer over left-center field.
It was less than one month ago that Javier Baez smashed a go-ahead home run in a win against Colorado on Aug. 5.
Soler was the first Cubs player to hit a home run in his first at-bat in the majors since Starlin Castro did it in 2010 – against the Reds’ Homer Bailey.
Epstein, who came over from the Red Sox a couple years ago, signed Soler, a Cuban free agent, to a nine-year $30 million deal last season.
With Soler, Baez, 3B Kris Bryant and 1B Anthony Rizzo on the roster, things are starting to look good in Wrigleyville again. Bryant has 42 home runs to lead the minors this season.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- The 10 Biggest NBA Draft Busts Ever
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce