- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Fantasy Baseball Update: Curtis Granderson Breaks Forearm, Out Until May
Yankees OF Curtis Granderson suffered a broken right forearm when he was hit by a pitch in the first inning of the team’s spring training game versus the Blue Jays on Sunday. He is expected to miss 10 weeks, according to the Yankees.
That puts Granderson on the field in mid-May at the earliest.
Granderson, who is in the last year of his contract, is optimistic for a quick comeback.
“It’s a little bump in the road,” Granderson told the YES network. “We’ll get ourselves ready and come back as soon as we can.” Granderson will continue to condition this spring through a running program, but must wait to hit or throw.
Granderson had an Average Draft Position (ADP) of 40.11, according the National Fantasy Baseball Championships.
The Yankees now are likely to seek another left fielder in the trade market, but expect spring training invitees Matt Diaz and Juan Rivera to get a chance to log significant time in the Yankee lineup. The club may also play young Eduardo Nunez in the outfield as well.
Diaz hit .252 with 2 HRs and 10 RBI in limited action with the Braves last year before thumb surgery ended his season in August. He’s never been a factor in Fantasy, though he tends to hit for a high average. Rivera, who missed time last year with a hamstring injury, is a good contact hitter with decent power. His .245 batting average on balls in play (BABIP) suppressed his average to a low .244, but he had 9 HRs and 47 RBI in 119 games for the Dodgers last year.
Nunez may be the big winner here. He stole 11 bases in just 89 ABs while hitting .292 for the Yankees last year. The team was searching for ways to get the speedy Nunez more playing time, so he should get a look in the OF. He had been considered an end-game pick, but with the temporary vacancy in LF and an aging Kevin Youkilis manning the hot corner, Nunez could see good playing time now.
For more in-depth player analysis, projections and a complete draft kit and full in-season coverage all at one great price, check out the RotoExperts.com Xclusive Edge Fantasy Baseball package now.
Getty photo, by Leon Halip
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.