- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Darryl Strawberry: “I Wish I Could Have Lived My Life Like Gary Carter…He Was A True Man.”
The web roundup for February 16th, 2012.
1. RIP GARY CARTER. The hall-of-fame catcher who made his name as an Expo but helped the Mets win their 1986 World Series, has died of brain cancer. Here’s his New York Times obit, and Sports Illustrated has put up some tremendous photos from his career. Here’s video of his final hit.
2. JEREMY LIN NICKNAME BRACKETOLOGY [The Diss]
3. JOE FLACCO’S AGENT thinks his client should be paid like a Top 5 quarterback. We do not agree. [Pro Football Talk]
4. THE ONION CHIMES IN ON JEREMY LIN. [The Onion]
5. MORE ON JUST HOW HIGH TCU GOT. [Star-Telegram]
- Filed Under:
- Gary Carter
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities