- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Everyone Keeps Talking About Adrian Peterson's Unsettlingly Strong Handshake
- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
David Freese Hits Walkoff Home Run To Force Game 7, Gets Jersey Ripped Off
Video via Business Insider.
I mean…you’ve got to be kidding me. Remember the crazy last day of the regular season, when playoff spots were won and lost with crazy walkoff finishes? The postseason, it seems, is ending the same way. Twice down to their last strike, the St. Louis Cardinals kept coming back…and on David Freese’s home run in the bottom of the 11th inning, won it 10-9 to force a decisive Game 7. They celebrated by taking the traditional home plate mob one step further – they ripped Freese’s jersey off.
Oh, by the way – Freese also tied the game in the bottom of the ninth. Oh, also by the way – Freese grew up a Cardinals fan in the St. Louis area. Can any of this be real? Well, yes – that’s the great thing about sports. Sometimes the crazy, too-good-to-be-true ending is actually, well, true. As Joe Buck said, echoing his father 20 years ago (and yeah, it was pretty cool that he got a moment where he could do that), we’ll see you tomorrow night. Baseball, we make fun of you sometimes, but all things considered, you’re pretty awesome.
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- MMA's Top 10 Stick-And-Ball Crossovers
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee