- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Derek Jeter Called A Press Conference Today To Scare The Hell Out Of Everyone For No Reason (VIDEO)
Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees called a press conference for 5 p.m. today, and the Twitter-verse exploded with theories on the subject matter. The prevailing theory: DEREK JETER IS RETIRING OMG R.I.P. JETE LUV U BRO HUG FOR U. Also considered: He would not return this year. Turns out, that’s not why we gathered here today.
Nope — he just came out to say, basically:
“When you have doubt, that’s when you get in trouble. I have no doubt I’ll be back.”
Here’s video of the beginning of the press conference, in which Jeter probably would have said something like, “Yeah, by the way, I’m done playing baseball.”
It’s interesting that Jeter chose to conduct a press conference just to talk about his setback. It was mostly a session of putting people’s minds at ease — after people spent the whole afternoon hyping up the prospect that there was something to worry about. Next time, Jete, just shoot us an email, ok?
In conclusion: “I’m a pretty optimistic person.” — Man who is not retiring anytime soon.
- Filed Under:
- derek jeter
- 25 Sexy WWE Diva Images You Need To See Before You Die
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World