- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Derek Jeter Called A Press Conference Today To Scare The Hell Out Of Everyone For No Reason (VIDEO)
Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees called a press conference for 5 p.m. today, and the Twitter-verse exploded with theories on the subject matter. The prevailing theory: DEREK JETER IS RETIRING OMG R.I.P. JETE LUV U BRO HUG FOR U. Also considered: He would not return this year. Turns out, that’s not why we gathered here today.
Nope — he just came out to say, basically:
“When you have doubt, that’s when you get in trouble. I have no doubt I’ll be back.”
Here’s video of the beginning of the press conference, in which Jeter probably would have said something like, “Yeah, by the way, I’m done playing baseball.”
It’s interesting that Jeter chose to conduct a press conference just to talk about his setback. It was mostly a session of putting people’s minds at ease — after people spent the whole afternoon hyping up the prospect that there was something to worry about. Next time, Jete, just shoot us an email, ok?
In conclusion: “I’m a pretty optimistic person.” — Man who is not retiring anytime soon.
- Filed Under:
- derek jeter
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts