- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Donald Sterling Responds To NBA, Calls Charges ‘A Sham’, ‘Illegal’
I believe that the word “draconian” was also used. These are far different words than the ones that Donald Sterling used to get into this mess in the first place, and they most likely will not be nearly as effective,
The NBA leveled formal charges against Sterling last week for his taped tirade to V. Stiviano,, and racist TV bloopers and blunders afterward. In short they called him a creep, and informed Sterling that they’d be voting on his possible ouster as Clippers owner June 6.
In the documents sent to the NBA offices by Sterling’s attorney, Maxwell Blecher, Sterling denies every allegation and charge made by the NBA and asks that the proceedings to terminate him at a Board of Governors hearing on June 3 be dismissed.
Sterling, who at one time seemed ready to authorize wife Shelly to negotiate the sale of his 50 percent of the team — now says the club is worth more than $2 billion. And he’s going too fight to keep it.
These proceedings, say Sterling, are a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
- Filed Under:
- Donald Sterling
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities