- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Don’t Buy The Yellow Ones: Astros Vendor Fired For Taking Snow Cones Into Minute Maid Park Restroom
It’s the sixth inning at Houston’s Minute Maid Park, and you could really go for a refreshing treat. Hey, where’s the snow cone guy? Oh well, I’m sure he’ll be along in a minute, after he’s finished doing whatever he’s doing.
The Astros have a new president, and I’m sure he was delighted to see this video plastered all over the local NBC affiliate on Wednesday night. Dude selling snow cones decides he needs to take a dump, and so why not bring the tray right into the restroom with him? If he leaves them outside, they could get tampered with. Gotta protect the customers.
Is this the Minute Maid Squeeze Play I’ve been hearing so much about?
The great thing about this is that a fan pulled out his cell phone and took a video of the very unsanitary move. Then, after making sure to get a closeup of the Astros logo on a trash can, he seeks out an employee and complains. A few hours later, the snow cone potty guy has been fired, and team statements are flying:
New Astros president Reid Ryan says in a statement: “The Astros were notified immediately by our partner ARAMARK of the incident involving a vendor on Monday night. We commend the swift reaction displayed by ARAMARK of terminating the employee immediately upon learning of the incident that evening.”
ARAMARK, which runs all of the food services at the ballpark, says this was an isolated incident and that the vendor’s actions were “a clear violation of our food safety practices and are not reflective of our standards.”
Really, does that need to be said? “Oh look honey, the Astros say that they don’t normally take their concession food into the restrooms. I guess we can go ahead and plan Scotty’s birthday at the ballpark.”
Thanks to the meticulously sanitary @Jay_Jaffe.
- What Should Vikings Do in Free Agency?
- AJ McCarron Impressing With Arm, Despite Lack Of Speed
- NFL Combine Live: De'Anthony Thomas Runs 4.34-Second 40-Yard Dash
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Girlfriend Is a Keeper