- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
During A Bender, David Wells Took A Break To Throw A Perfect Game, Immediately Returned To The Party
David Wells is one of the few people who excels at working while hungover. Case in point: He’d spent the night before a day game partying at an SNL cast party. In 1998. Ya, probably a bit more than just drinking going on, but that didn’t stop Boomer from retiring 27 straight Minnesota Twins the following morning.
That’s right — after getting sloppy with Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Ana Gasteyer, Darrell Hammond, Chris Kattan, Norm Macdonald, Tim Meadows, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Oteri, Colin Quinn, and Molly Shannon — David Wells spent 2 hours 40 minutes sweating bullets and striking out eleven batters en route to the first perfect regular season game ever thrown by a Yankee.
Then, according to Wells in the video below, the team went out and celebrated by doing unspeakable things. Once again, you can let your imagination run wild with that one, but if you’ve seen The Wolf of Wall Street (which was set around the same time), you’ve got a pretty good idea of what went on between the 1998 Yankees and New York City on the night of May 17th.
Let’s just say Daryl Strawberry made some calls.
Screencap via YouTube
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles