- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
During A Bender, David Wells Took A Break To Throw A Perfect Game, Immediately Returned To The Party
David Wells is one of the few people who excels at working while hungover. Case in point: He’d spent the night before a day game partying at an SNL cast party. In 1998. Ya, probably a bit more than just drinking going on, but that didn’t stop Boomer from retiring 27 straight Minnesota Twins the following morning.
That’s right — after getting sloppy with Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Ana Gasteyer, Darrell Hammond, Chris Kattan, Norm Macdonald, Tim Meadows, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Oteri, Colin Quinn, and Molly Shannon — David Wells spent 2 hours 40 minutes sweating bullets and striking out eleven batters en route to the first perfect regular season game ever thrown by a Yankee.
Then, according to Wells in the video below, the team went out and celebrated by doing unspeakable things. Once again, you can let your imagination run wild with that one, but if you’ve seen The Wolf of Wall Street (which was set around the same time), you’ve got a pretty good idea of what went on between the 1998 Yankees and New York City on the night of May 17th.
Let’s just say Daryl Strawberry made some calls.
Screencap via YouTube
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'