- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
During A Bender, David Wells Took A Break To Throw A Perfect Game, Immediately Returned To The Party
David Wells is one of the few people who excels at working while hungover. Case in point: He’d spent the night before a day game partying at an SNL cast party. In 1998. Ya, probably a bit more than just drinking going on, but that didn’t stop Boomer from retiring 27 straight Minnesota Twins the following morning.
That’s right — after getting sloppy with Jim Breuer, Will Ferrell, Ana Gasteyer, Darrell Hammond, Chris Kattan, Norm Macdonald, Tim Meadows, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Oteri, Colin Quinn, and Molly Shannon — David Wells spent 2 hours 40 minutes sweating bullets and striking out eleven batters en route to the first perfect regular season game ever thrown by a Yankee.
Then, according to Wells in the video below, the team went out and celebrated by doing unspeakable things. Once again, you can let your imagination run wild with that one, but if you’ve seen The Wolf of Wall Street (which was set around the same time), you’ve got a pretty good idea of what went on between the 1998 Yankees and New York City on the night of May 17th.
Let’s just say Daryl Strawberry made some calls.
Screencap via YouTube
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?