- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
OH MY GOD WE’RE GONNA DIE: Padres SS Everth Cabrera Flings Bat Into Own Dugout And Teammate Chris Denorfia Flips Out
They tell you three things in Little League.
1) Don’t argue calls
2) Have fun
3) Don’t throw the bat or else we’ll put you in the bag with the catching equipment where you belong
Apparently those same axioms are not imparted to the 9-12 year olds of Nicaragua. Though, in the speedy shortstop’s defense, he didn’t do it on purpose. He just has a loose grip on something he violently swings around his body in 1/1000th of a second.
Judging by his reaction, Cabrera’s San Diego Padre’s teammate, Chris Denorfia, doesn’t seem to give a shit that it was obviously an accident. He’s just pissed he almost, well, died I guess. That’d kill you, right? Maybe he’s just pissed because he’s like that. Oh, well. Not on my team.
You can see Denorfia angrily holding up two fingers, in the way you would after the second time someone almost accidentally kills you. Has is happened before? Has this exact event occurred in previous games, whereby Everth Cabrera releases his bat into his own teams dugout? Will it happen again? Who knows. Although don’t be surprised if tonight if it looks like there’s another catcher standing in the on-deck circle.
Story and Photo Via BigLeagueStew
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind