- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Falling Down: Gravity Was A Dominatrix In The World Of Sports On Monday
UConn’s men’s and women’s basketball teams visited The White House on Monday to be honored for winning their respective NCAA Championships (isn’t it far past time for this tradition to end, by the way?), and one player became a lot more famous than her teammates as a result.
Now everyone knows Stefanie Dolson. Not because she was third in team scoring or led the undefeated Lady Huskies with 9.1 rebounds per game, but because she fell off the riser as President Obama was introducing the team.
Fairly nice recovery, though. UConn don’t flop.
Later, at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, the Giants were taking a beating from the Nationals both on the field (9-2 loss) and in the stands. This ground-rule double has eyes: it nails a young fan in the leg, who then tumbles into the aisle in unbearable pain … but moments later he’s hamming for the camera with the ball and a souvenir ice pack.
Now on to German amateur soccer (as reported here on Monday), where this coach executes one of the most comical flops in the history of the sport. Grabbing his throat was the work of a true artist.
Best part: When nobody’s buying it, the coach just pops back up and gets back into the fray.
- Filed Under:
- UConn Husklies
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts