- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Falling Down: Gravity Was A Dominatrix In The World Of Sports On Monday
UConn’s men’s and women’s basketball teams visited The White House on Monday to be honored for winning their respective NCAA Championships (isn’t it far past time for this tradition to end, by the way?), and one player became a lot more famous than her teammates as a result.
Now everyone knows Stefanie Dolson. Not because she was third in team scoring or led the undefeated Lady Huskies with 9.1 rebounds per game, but because she fell off the riser as President Obama was introducing the team.
Fairly nice recovery, though. UConn don’t flop.
Later, at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, the Giants were taking a beating from the Nationals both on the field (9-2 loss) and in the stands. This ground-rule double has eyes: it nails a young fan in the leg, who then tumbles into the aisle in unbearable pain … but moments later he’s hamming for the camera with the ball and a souvenir ice pack.
Now on to German amateur soccer (as reported here on Monday), where this coach executes one of the most comical flops in the history of the sport. Grabbing his throat was the work of a true artist.
Best part: When nobody’s buying it, the coach just pops back up and gets back into the fray.
- Filed Under:
- UConn Husklies
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts