- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
This Was Nearly The Most Expensive Foul Ball Of All Time
The World Series trophy, which was on display during a game in Springfield, Missouri, almost took a foul ball to the face on Saturday. Assuming that we don’t count human life as expensive (“priceless,” you could say), this screamer of a foul ball could have been the most costly ever. Why was the trophy in Springfield, MO in the first place?
Until this season comes to a close, the most recent World Series trophy belongs to the St. Louis Cardinals. The trophy is currently on tour, traveling to the various Cardinal minor league squads, and it was Springfield’s turn on Saturday afternoon.
All was well with the trophy, which Springfield GM Matt Gifford was holding during a 4th inning interview, when this happened:
Good reflexes/hands/ducking ability by Gifford, who managed to save himself a hefty headache/replacement fee. And the crowd goes wild — probably wilder than they ever would for the minor league game itself.
h/t Business Insider
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Paul Williams Speaks On His Career Ending Accident
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!