- 13 Sporting Goods Companies From The 90s That You've Completely Forgotten About
- Them's Fightin' Skinny Jeans: Larry Sanders Gets In Club Brawl, Throws Bottles
- Report: Jameis Winston Is Not Going To Be Charged With Sexual Assualt
- Sad Indiana Fan Watches Her Beloved Hoosiers Lose To 'Cuse, Sans Clothing
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Giancarlo Stanton Got Hit In The Head With A Pitch The Same Day MLB Mandated Safer Helmets
Major League Baseball announced today a new directive mandating that players wear new and safer batting helmets, beginning with this week’s spring training games. You should head on over to Big League Stew for more details on the helmet’s technological innovation, but we’d like to point you towards a moment earlier this afternoon from Marlins’ spring training. Facing top Marlins’ pitching prospect Jose Fernandez – yeah, that guy who doesn’t know who the manager is – outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, the lone noteworthy leftover from Jeffrey Loria’s offseason yard sale, awaited the pitch. And then it came screaming towards his head, viciously clanking off his helmet and sending him stumbling backwards.
Gah, that crack. Stanton tried to walk it off – as if he can walk off a head injury – and he’s said to be sporting nothing other than a sore neck. Still: too bad those helmets weren’t mandated for intrasquad practices.
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Head to Head: Pacquiao vs. Rios
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item