- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Miami Marlins Slugger Giancarlo Stanton Shatters Windshield With Home Run Blast
Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton is ready to build the home run numbers last year that helped establish him as one of the top young sluggers in baseball. He is doing so by shattering/autographing the windshields of cars in the parking lot with spring training blasts.
Alex Kim is the unfortunate victim of circumstance here as it was his windshield that was smashed by a Stanton blast Friday in Arizona before Team USA’s World Baseball Classic opener against Mexico. “Victim” is putting it strongly, though, as an Arizona Diamondbacks sponsor will replace the windshield free of charge and Stanton has actually autographed the one he broke as well as a ball for Kim.
Here’s a look at Stanton posing with Kim and signing his autograph right next to the cracked windshield:
What’s to become of the shattered/autographed windshield now, though? Kim shared his plans with MLB.com:
“I guess make a coffee table out of it,” Kim said. “It’s a great talking piece. I’m going to tweet it, Facebook it. This is definitely a moment I’ll never forget. I’m pretty excited.”
Probably not the best idea to turn the windshield into a coffee table. Here’s hoping Kim has better luck than the last person to do that.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story