- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Giants Won The World Series, And Fans Got Rowdy
It’s a tradition nearly as time-honored as championship sporting events, if significantly less noble: fan riots centered around those championship sporting events. So when a team wins the World Series, fans get crazy. That’s expected. But some get way too crazy. Alas, in large groups of revelers, some of whom have been drinking heavily, that’s also to be expected. Giants fans in San Francisco last night were no different. They congregated in large groups around the city, because that’s what you do when your team wins a huge game. And some of those gatherings were spirited, but relatively controlled (at least at certain points):
…but then things started burning, and police showed up.
Hey, what’d Detroit ever do to you guys?!
Seriously, this was a pretty big street fire.
And it wasn’t the only fire…
Well, jumping on a bus is better than burning it.
Honestly, we feel bad for the majority of Giants fans. As it always happens when there’s any type of noticeable fan rowdiness, Giants fans will be painted by some with a broad brush (and we’ve made peace with potentially contributing to that with this post) as unruly rabble-rousers. Fact is, pretty much every fanbase does this, and not necessarily just after wins. (Remember Vancouver last year?) It’s an unfortunate fact of life/herd mentality. So while the celebration (occasionally) getting out of hand is newsworthy, don’t blame it on all San Franciscans. Odds are, if your team won, the same thing would have happened.
Photo by Kimihiro Hoshino (AFP/Getty)
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities