- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Celebrity Chef Wants To Buy Washington D.C.'s NFL Team Through Kickstarter
- Russians Are Trying To Turn A Wu-Tang Track Into An Olympic Sport
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Giants’ Pitcher Charged With Lewdness In Las Vegas, And It’s Pretty Gross
As the resident San Francisco Giants’ fan, it’s apparently up to me to write on this. OK, I see, I get the picture. Two World Series title rides in the past three seasons, and now I must pay the toll. Fine. Let’s get on with it.
Of course my problems are miniscule compared to those of this poor woman.
Chad Gaudin, the 30-year-old reliever/occasional starter who joined the Giants this season, was charged with open and gross lewdness earlier this month, stemming from an incident in Las Vegas in January of this year. Somehow this has all been kept quiet until today. Here are the puzzling, somewhat icky details:
According to police, Gaudin was drunk about 4:30 a.m. when he approached a 23-year-old woman on a gurney at Desert Springs Hospital, three miles east of the Las Vegas Strip.
The woman told police she was lying on a gurney in the emergency room lobby when Gaudin appeared, told her “she was gorgeous” and touched her face and breast, she said.
A witness heard Gaudin say, “I will take care of you, don’t worry about them,” to the woman and then saw him touch her face, leg and breast, according to a police report.
Apparently a paramedic saw the whole thing and told Gaudin to get away from the woman, but that didn’t work. So hospital security wrestled him down and held him for police.
“Gaudin was still yelling and using profanity,” when police arrived, the arresting officer wrote in his report.
“I asked Gaudin several times how he ended up at the hospital and each time he told me that he didn’t know,” the officer wrote. “Gaudin appeared to be intoxicated.”
Gaudin and his wife own a home in Henderson, Nev.
I’ll just add this case to my WTF file. Jesus. When you’re lying on a gurney in the emergency room, the last thing you expect to see is an NL West pitcher drunkenly fondling you.
H/T, the great McCovey Chronicles.
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Manny Pacquiao Claims He Has No Money
- 20 Unbreakable Baseball Records