- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Gio Gonzalez Bought Four Cars, A House, And A Boat After Getting A Contract Extension
Last year, Washington Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez signed a four-year contract extension that will make him somewhere from $42 million to $65 million. Gonzalez apparently celebrated the newfound income boost by spending a lot of that money on cars for his family and himself.
Here’s Gio’s explanation, via Sarah Kogod of the Washington Post:
“I’m already broke. I got a couple toys for my brother, a couple of toys for my mom. … Well, first I bought myself a nice house. I moved out of Hialeah, live in Broward now. I bought me, also, a nice little car. A Lamborghini. And then I bought my brother one, a Lamborghini. I bought my mom a Rolls Royce. I bought my brother a boat, and I bought my dad a Bentley.”
Let’s tally that up. Two Lamborghinis, a Bentley, and a Rolls Royce probably cost him somewhere around $750,000. Something tells me his new house cost him a couple million. And something tells me the boat he bought his brother wasn’t a pontoon boat. Let’s say he got a $180,000 Regal 3200.
So Gonzalez probably spent upwards of $3 million and possibly more depending on how big his new house is soon after getting his contract extension. This is why athletes are not known for prudent fiscal decision-making.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers