- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Baseball Writer Hal McCoy Needs A Ride
If you’re a Cincinnati Reds fan, you know who Hal McCoy is. If you’re a baseball fan, you probably know who he is. If you don’t know who he is, he is the baseball writer that gave the Reds the nickname “the Big Red Machine” and is a winner of the J.G. Taylor Spink Award, the highest award that the BBWAA gives.
Well, baseball fans, Hal is getting up there in age and could use a little help. And he wants you, the fan with lots of time on their hands and a love for baseball, to be the one to give it to him. Via the Dayton Daily News:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
Free games and a seat in the pressbox next to me is the upside.
Free games in the press box AND he’ll chip in on gas? If you’re a retiree in Cincinnati with nothing better to do, I can think of no better way to spend your retirement. Hell, I’m in my 20s and if Chicago Bulls writer Sam Smith posted the same thing, I’d be all over it.
You can send your resume and cover letter to Hal at email@example.com.
- Filed Under:
- cincinnati reds
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts