- Tour Paul Millsap's Beautiful New Atlanta Home And Pretend It's Yours
- Muhammed Ali's Beautiful Statement On The Life And Death Of Nelson Mandela
- A Reporter Seriously Asked Jameis Winston's Attorney This Terribly Inappropriate Question
- Yes, It Looks Like This Stadium In Brazil Is Totally Ready For FIFA's Dec. 31 Deadline
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Baseball Writer Hal McCoy Needs A Ride
If you’re a Cincinnati Reds fan, you know who Hal McCoy is. If you’re a baseball fan, you probably know who he is. If you don’t know who he is, he is the baseball writer that gave the Reds the nickname “the Big Red Machine” and is a winner of the J.G. Taylor Spink Award, the highest award that the BBWAA gives.
Well, baseball fans, Hal is getting up there in age and could use a little help. And he wants you, the fan with lots of time on their hands and a love for baseball, to be the one to give it to him. Via the Dayton Daily News:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
Free games and a seat in the pressbox next to me is the upside.
Free games in the press box AND he’ll chip in on gas? If you’re a retiree in Cincinnati with nothing better to do, I can think of no better way to spend your retirement. Hell, I’m in my 20s and if Chicago Bulls writer Sam Smith posted the same thing, I’d be all over it.
You can send your resume and cover letter to Hal at email@example.com.
- Filed Under:
- cincinnati reds
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- Brian Wilson Refuses to Shave Beard, Yankees Move On
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever