- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Baseball Writer Hal McCoy Needs A Ride
If you’re a Cincinnati Reds fan, you know who Hal McCoy is. If you’re a baseball fan, you probably know who he is. If you don’t know who he is, he is the baseball writer that gave the Reds the nickname “the Big Red Machine” and is a winner of the J.G. Taylor Spink Award, the highest award that the BBWAA gives.
Well, baseball fans, Hal is getting up there in age and could use a little help. And he wants you, the fan with lots of time on their hands and a love for baseball, to be the one to give it to him. Via the Dayton Daily News:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
Free games and a seat in the pressbox next to me is the upside.
Free games in the press box AND he’ll chip in on gas? If you’re a retiree in Cincinnati with nothing better to do, I can think of no better way to spend your retirement. Hell, I’m in my 20s and if Chicago Bulls writer Sam Smith posted the same thing, I’d be all over it.
You can send your resume and cover letter to Hal at email@example.com.
- Filed Under:
- cincinnati reds
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: Top 10 Quarterbacks
- Jim Harbaugh Wearing Out His Welcome in SF?
- Jaromir Jagr Is Not Happy Right Now
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013