- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Baseball Writer Hal McCoy Needs A Ride
If you’re a Cincinnati Reds fan, you know who Hal McCoy is. If you’re a baseball fan, you probably know who he is. If you don’t know who he is, he is the baseball writer that gave the Reds the nickname “the Big Red Machine” and is a winner of the J.G. Taylor Spink Award, the highest award that the BBWAA gives.
Well, baseball fans, Hal is getting up there in age and could use a little help. And he wants you, the fan with lots of time on their hands and a love for baseball, to be the one to give it to him. Via the Dayton Daily News:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
Free games and a seat in the pressbox next to me is the upside.
Free games in the press box AND he’ll chip in on gas? If you’re a retiree in Cincinnati with nothing better to do, I can think of no better way to spend your retirement. Hell, I’m in my 20s and if Chicago Bulls writer Sam Smith posted the same thing, I’d be all over it.
You can send your resume and cover letter to Hal at email@example.com.
- Filed Under:
- cincinnati reds
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'