- Fantasy Football Offensive Primer For The 2014 NFL Season
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brian Hoyer Is The Starter In Cleveland, But Not For Long
- The NFL's VP Of Officiating Explains The Crazy Spike In Penalties
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Hawk Harrelson Lost His Mind, Again, While Calling The Chicago White Sox Game
Ken “Hawk” Harrelson has a history of going nuts when things don’t go right for his Chicago White Sox. So it wasn’t surprising to hear him get upset when pitcher Jose Quintana got tossed for throwing behind Ben Zobrist. But this definitely sets the bar for how pissed a sportscaster can openly be over a bad call.
It should be noted that this was an unjustified tossing on the ump’s part. Though bad blood had been brewing between the Rays and White Sox (and AJ Pierzynski had already been hit in this game), no prior warnings were given before Quintana got booted. But we’ve never heard some of things that came out of Harrelson’s mouth during a televised broadcast before. This includes, but is not limited to, “Here’s an umpire in the American League who knows nothing about the game of baseball!” and “You’ve got to be bleepin’ me!”
Check the whole thing out below (video from Business Insider):
Again: this is how homers act. But it’s pretty incredible that an announcer is allowed to be so outwardly upset with the umpires on behalf of his preferred team. Announcers root for the teams they call all the time, but at least they’re subtle about it. Sure, it was a bad call. But it wasn’t that bad.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts