- The 6 Most Disappointingly Slow Fantasy Baseball Starts
- These Are The Top 5 Worst Plays Of The NBA Season, According To Shaq
- Now There's Video Of Paulina Gretzky's Controversial Golf Digest Cover Shoot
- COLLEGE BASEBALL MADNESS: How To Steal Home For A Walk-Off Win
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Hawk Harrelson Lost His Mind, Again, While Calling The Chicago White Sox Game
Ken “Hawk” Harrelson has a history of going nuts when things don’t go right for his Chicago White Sox. So it wasn’t surprising to hear him get upset when pitcher Jose Quintana got tossed for throwing behind Ben Zobrist. But this definitely sets the bar for how pissed a sportscaster can openly be over a bad call.
It should be noted that this was an unjustified tossing on the ump’s part. Though bad blood had been brewing between the Rays and White Sox (and AJ Pierzynski had already been hit in this game), no prior warnings were given before Quintana got booted. But we’ve never heard some of things that came out of Harrelson’s mouth during a televised broadcast before. This includes, but is not limited to, “Here’s an umpire in the American League who knows nothing about the game of baseball!” and “You’ve got to be bleepin’ me!”
Check the whole thing out below (video from Business Insider):
Again: this is how homers act. But it’s pretty incredible that an announcer is allowed to be so outwardly upset with the umpires on behalf of his preferred team. Announcers root for the teams they call all the time, but at least they’re subtle about it. Sure, it was a bad call. But it wasn’t that bad.
- Colin Kaepernick Finally Speaks Up: Is He Guilty?
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.