- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Here’s A-Rod Getting Booed Tonight In First At-Bat In His Return To Yankee Stadium
The Yankees lead the Tigers 3-0 in the bottom of the fourth, but Alex Rodriguez has struck out in each of his first two at-bats — to the delight of many in the crowd in his first game at Yankee Stadium in 10 months. Here’s a video shot by SportsGrid reader Samantha Mee (@SamJMee) of A-Rod’s first at-bat. If he thought he would be welcomed warmly, he was wrong.
Some cheers here, but I hear a lot of booing. Even if the boos only constitute 50 or 60 percent of the reaction … it’s a home game. That’s just remarkable.
Rodriguez, 37, has returned to the Bronx for the first time since officially appealing the 211-game suspension levied upon him by Major League Baseball as a result of its investigation into the Biogenesis clinic.
“I am just super excited to get home and put on the pinstripes in front of the greatest fans in baseball,” Rodriguez said earlier this week in Chicago. “I am looking forward to getting back home. I have waited a long time. It’s a privilege to get home on a Friday night.”
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) August 10, 2013
A-Rod’s first Bleacher Creature roll call of the year:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story