- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Here’s A-Rod Getting Booed Tonight In First At-Bat In His Return To Yankee Stadium
The Yankees lead the Tigers 3-0 in the bottom of the fourth, but Alex Rodriguez has struck out in each of his first two at-bats — to the delight of many in the crowd in his first game at Yankee Stadium in 10 months. Here’s a video shot by SportsGrid reader Samantha Mee (@SamJMee) of A-Rod’s first at-bat. If he thought he would be welcomed warmly, he was wrong.
Some cheers here, but I hear a lot of booing. Even if the boos only constitute 50 or 60 percent of the reaction … it’s a home game. That’s just remarkable.
Rodriguez, 37, has returned to the Bronx for the first time since officially appealing the 211-game suspension levied upon him by Major League Baseball as a result of its investigation into the Biogenesis clinic.
“I am just super excited to get home and put on the pinstripes in front of the greatest fans in baseball,” Rodriguez said earlier this week in Chicago. “I am looking forward to getting back home. I have waited a long time. It’s a privilege to get home on a Friday night.”
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) August 10, 2013
A-Rod’s first Bleacher Creature roll call of the year:
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street