- UH-OH: John Rocker Going On Survivor With A Gay Couple
- An 'Aaron Ramsey Curse'? When Arsenal Midfielder Scores, A Celebrity Dies
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 New Orleans Saints Season Preview
- 4 Rookie Quarterbacks Who Will Start And Have Fantasy Value This Season
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
He’s Back … Manny Ramirez Signs Minor League Deal With Texas Rangers
From the Rhinos to the Express — Manny is back, folks. The Texas Rangers announced today that the naughty, naughty former Red Sox and Dodgers outfielder has signed a deal with the organization for the league minimum. He’ll report to the Triple-A Round Rock Express on Thursday, with the hopes of eventually making it back to the majors.
It’s anyone’s guess to whether he will succeed, as Ramirez is 41, with a lengthy history of pharmaceutical shenanigans. But he’s optimistic. And the Rangers do need a right-handed bat.
“[My salary] is the minimum wage, but for me it’s too much money,” Ramirez told ESPNDeportes.com’s Enrique Rojas.
“I feel blessed spiritually; I have no words to describe how happy I am,” Ramirez said.
Manny, who broke in with the Cleveland Indians in 1993, played in Taiwan this past season, for the EDA Rhinos.
Manny Ramirez thought he was signing with the Power Rangers
— Matt Sussman (@suss2hyphens) July 3, 2013
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- San Francisco 49ers the Most Hated Team in the US?
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee