- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Colin Cowherd Calls Out ESPN Producers For Pushing Baseball On Us
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- Floyd Mayweather Is Selling His Miami Oceanfront Condo For $2.6 Million
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
He’s Back … Manny Ramirez Signs Minor League Deal With Texas Rangers
From the Rhinos to the Express — Manny is back, folks. The Texas Rangers announced today that the naughty, naughty former Red Sox and Dodgers outfielder has signed a deal with the organization for the league minimum. He’ll report to the Triple-A Round Rock Express on Thursday, with the hopes of eventually making it back to the majors.
It’s anyone’s guess to whether he will succeed, as Ramirez is 41, with a lengthy history of pharmaceutical shenanigans. But he’s optimistic. And the Rangers do need a right-handed bat.
“[My salary] is the minimum wage, but for me it’s too much money,” Ramirez told ESPNDeportes.com’s Enrique Rojas.
“I feel blessed spiritually; I have no words to describe how happy I am,” Ramirez said.
Manny, who broke in with the Cleveland Indians in 1993, played in Taiwan this past season, for the EDA Rhinos.
Manny Ramirez thought he was signing with the Power Rangers
— Matt Sussman (@suss2hyphens) July 3, 2013
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'