- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
There Was Nothing But Love For Ichiro When He Stepped To The Plate Against The Mariners
Things could have been awkward for Ichiro Suzuki and his now former team, the Seattle Mariners. We wouldn’t have blamed Mariners fans for breaking down hysterically — or Ichiro for lamely striking out — during his first at-bat. Neither of those things happened.
You might not have heard that Ichiro was traded, considering it just happened this afternoon. But he was sent to the Yankees, who happen to be in town for a three game series. So while it didn’t give Seattle much time to heal after losing their star player, the outpouring of support for the gracious outfielder was as raw and earnest as it gets. And then he got a single:
And if you want to see that again, here’s how the Yankees Entertainment And Sports Network covered the same event:
Then he stole a base. Good start for Ichiro for New York, though he is playing with a home-field advantage.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?