- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
There Was Nothing But Love For Ichiro When He Stepped To The Plate Against The Mariners
Things could have been awkward for Ichiro Suzuki and his now former team, the Seattle Mariners. We wouldn’t have blamed Mariners fans for breaking down hysterically — or Ichiro for lamely striking out — during his first at-bat. Neither of those things happened.
You might not have heard that Ichiro was traded, considering it just happened this afternoon. But he was sent to the Yankees, who happen to be in town for a three game series. So while it didn’t give Seattle much time to heal after losing their star player, the outpouring of support for the gracious outfielder was as raw and earnest as it gets. And then he got a single:
And if you want to see that again, here’s how the Yankees Entertainment And Sports Network covered the same event:
Then he stole a base. Good start for Ichiro for New York, though he is playing with a home-field advantage.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier