- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
There Was Nothing But Love For Ichiro When He Stepped To The Plate Against The Mariners
Things could have been awkward for Ichiro Suzuki and his now former team, the Seattle Mariners. We wouldn’t have blamed Mariners fans for breaking down hysterically — or Ichiro for lamely striking out — during his first at-bat. Neither of those things happened.
You might not have heard that Ichiro was traded, considering it just happened this afternoon. But he was sent to the Yankees, who happen to be in town for a three game series. So while it didn’t give Seattle much time to heal after losing their star player, the outpouring of support for the gracious outfielder was as raw and earnest as it gets. And then he got a single:
And if you want to see that again, here’s how the Yankees Entertainment And Sports Network covered the same event:
Then he stole a base. Good start for Ichiro for New York, though he is playing with a home-field advantage.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Compilation of TKO's, Injuries and Submissions of MMA
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy