- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
There Was Nothing But Love For Ichiro When He Stepped To The Plate Against The Mariners
Things could have been awkward for Ichiro Suzuki and his now former team, the Seattle Mariners. We wouldn’t have blamed Mariners fans for breaking down hysterically — or Ichiro for lamely striking out — during his first at-bat. Neither of those things happened.
You might not have heard that Ichiro was traded, considering it just happened this afternoon. But he was sent to the Yankees, who happen to be in town for a three game series. So while it didn’t give Seattle much time to heal after losing their star player, the outpouring of support for the gracious outfielder was as raw and earnest as it gets. And then he got a single:
And if you want to see that again, here’s how the Yankees Entertainment And Sports Network covered the same event:
Then he stole a base. Good start for Ichiro for New York, though he is playing with a home-field advantage.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story