- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
There Was Nothing But Love For Ichiro When He Stepped To The Plate Against The Mariners
Things could have been awkward for Ichiro Suzuki and his now former team, the Seattle Mariners. We wouldn’t have blamed Mariners fans for breaking down hysterically — or Ichiro for lamely striking out — during his first at-bat. Neither of those things happened.
You might not have heard that Ichiro was traded, considering it just happened this afternoon. But he was sent to the Yankees, who happen to be in town for a three game series. So while it didn’t give Seattle much time to heal after losing their star player, the outpouring of support for the gracious outfielder was as raw and earnest as it gets. And then he got a single:
And if you want to see that again, here’s how the Yankees Entertainment And Sports Network covered the same event:
Then he stole a base. Good start for Ichiro for New York, though he is playing with a home-field advantage.
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Brandon Rios: "I Can Bust Flows"
- Who's To Blame For The 49ers Passing Game?
- NBA's Best Friends Reunited in Philly