- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
It’s The 24th Anniversary Of Seinfeld’s Keith Hernandez Spitting Incident
After the loss, distraught by the taunt of “Nice game, pretty boy” from a rather rotund, bespectacled fan, Hernandez spat on the the fan, and the fan’s tall, crazy-haired friend.
None of this happened, of course. It was a moment from a 1992 episode of Seinfeld.
Despite the fact that this didn’t occur in real life (the Mets actually played the Pittsburgh Pirates on June 14, 1987) and that Hernandez was the NL MVP in 1979, in addition to having won 11 Gold Gloves and two World Series, this fictional incident may be what Hernandez is most remembered for. Video below.
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.