- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
J.A. Happ Released From Hospital, Says ‘I Feel Really Fortunate’
J.A. Happ was back at Tropicana Field today after being released from the hospital, and took time to talk to reporters, and take personal inventory, after being hit in the head with a line drive on Tuesday night.
The diagnosis: Happ says he has a minor skull fracture behind his left ear. Also, he tweaked his right knee when he fell to the ground. Associated Press:
Otherwise, he felt pretty good after his release from Bayfront Medical Center. He does not have a concussion.
“I feel really fortunate,” Happ said after limping into a room at Tropicana Field for a news conference and climbing a couple steps to sit down behind a table.
“It looks like I moved just a little bit. I don’t remember doing that, but it looks like it was just enough to where it must have caught me in a better spot, because I think it could have got me head on,” he said. “I’ve got some stitches and there’s a fracture in the skull, I suppose, behind my ear, but it’s not serious or threatening. We’ll let those heal.”
The Blue Jays have placed him on the 15-day disabled list.
Happ said had a brief conversation with Tampa Bay’s Desmond Jennings, who hit the line drive that caught him squarely on the left side of the head.
“He just wished me the best and hoped for a quick recovery,” Happ said.
Photo: Associated Press.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts