- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Jim Joyce: “It Was The Biggest Call Of My Career, And I Blew It” (UPDATE)
ESPN News just showed this comment from Jim Joyce, on his blown call from tonight’s near-perfect game:
I just cost that kid a perfect game. I thought he beat the throw. I thought he was safe. It was the biggest call of my career and I blew it.
For his part, Jim Leyland was extremely classy in his post game interview, but noted that “Jim Joyce will see the replay and feel worse than anybody.” It appears he’s right.
UPDATE – An ESPN recap of the game also contains this quote from Joyce:
“I don’t blame [the Tigers] a bit [f]or anything that was said. I would’ve said it myself if I had been Galarraga. I would’ve been the first person in my face, and he never said a word to me.”
Yeah, it’s safe to say he “feel[s] worse than anybody.”
UPDATE 2 –
Not only did Joyce admit blowing the call, he said he “kicked the shit out of it.”
Also, video below with a few of Galarraga’s postgame comments. Amazingly, no one dealt with the situation better than he did.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story