- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Jim Joyce: “It Was The Biggest Call Of My Career, And I Blew It” (UPDATE)
ESPN News just showed this comment from Jim Joyce, on his blown call from tonight’s near-perfect game:
I just cost that kid a perfect game. I thought he beat the throw. I thought he was safe. It was the biggest call of my career and I blew it.
For his part, Jim Leyland was extremely classy in his post game interview, but noted that “Jim Joyce will see the replay and feel worse than anybody.” It appears he’s right.
UPDATE – An ESPN recap of the game also contains this quote from Joyce:
“I don’t blame [the Tigers] a bit [f]or anything that was said. I would’ve said it myself if I had been Galarraga. I would’ve been the first person in my face, and he never said a word to me.”
Yeah, it’s safe to say he “feel[s] worse than anybody.”
UPDATE 2 –
Not only did Joyce admit blowing the call, he said he “kicked the shit out of it.”
Also, video below with a few of Galarraga’s postgame comments. Amazingly, no one dealt with the situation better than he did.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- Texans Draw Andre Johnson Trade Interest From Four Teams