- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Why Red Sox Pitcher John Lackey Almost Cried Last Night Because Of A Text Message From A Reporter
Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey was nearly brought to tears last night after his team won a 7-4, 14-inning nailbiter in New York. But it had nothing to do with his team’s victory over the Yankees: Lackey was visibly upset because of a text message he says he received from a reporter before taking the field.
“Thirty minutes before the game,” Lackey told reporters, “I got a text message on my cell phone from one of you, somebody in the media, talking about personal stuff. I shouldn’t even have to be standing up here dealing with it.”
Lackey sounded unsure about who exactly sent the text, and wouldn’t get into what “personal stuff” it referenced. But as Deadspin points out, its safe to assume that it had something to do with this TMZ report, which says that Lackey is filing for divorce from his wife who has breast cancer. The story was posted this morning at 12:55am, about an hour after last night’s game ended.
The report does not make Lackey look good.
Sources close to the family tell TMZ … Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?