- This Butt-Check In Last Night's Sharks-Kings Game Was A Lot More Violent Than The Butt-Fumble
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Scott Engel's One On One: The Entrepreneur-Catcher John Buck
- Is This The Saddest Sports GIF Ever?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
The Emotional Scene When Pitching Prospect Jose Berrios Found Out He’d Been Drafted
We’ve talked some in the past about the types of crying in sports, and what’s generally accepted and what isn’t. One type we haven’t covered, though, is the “holy crap my life just completely changed and I’m about to realize my dream and this is happening all at once” moment. Given that this is an overwhelming amount to take in at once, it is, we’d say, on the “accepted” side of sports tears.
And Jose Berrios had just such a moment on Monday – the high school pitcher from Puerto Rico was selected 32nd overall by the Twins in the MLB Draft. Berrios was at what looked to be a large draft party in his honor at the time of his selection, and when he found out, the party got crazy – and, as one might expect, emotional:
Much is made of the MLB draft not having nearly the same level of popularity, and excitement surrounding it, as its NBA and NFL counterparts. All we can say to that after watching a video like this is: good luck convincing Jose Berrios, his friends, and his family that baseball’s draft is lacking in excitement.
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Clippers Internal Tension Was an Act
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?