- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jose Canseco’s Latest Turn: Old Milwaukee Spokesman
You might remember when terrible beer Old Milwaukee made some waves by getting Will Ferrell to star in a series of commercials that aired only in relatively small markets, including a Super Bowl ad seen only in North Platte, Nebraska. Of course, the bet that the ads would become a huge deal later on paid off when they took over the internet, and now the brand is trying a similar strategy with a few commercials that aired during the Home Run Derby last night… and starred a former prodigious home run hitter now better known for his online exploits: Jose Canseco.
It was a similar idea to the Ferrell ads, though these aired in a much larger market: Kansas City (where, of course, All-Star festivities are being held). And if they didn’t quite have the off-the-wall borderline-insanity for which Canseco’s Twitter has become so beloved, they also weren’t exactly your standard beer commercials, either – not that that’s a bad thing, of course, since beer commercials are, as a rule, the worst. Here’s a little speech on how baseball, along with a couple other entities, is back:
And he had a message for Kansas City and its long-tortured baseball fans. We’re thinking this probably didn’t make them feel much better about the Royals’ ongoing ineptitude:
And also he smashed a beer can with the swing that once sent so many baseballs flying out of stadiums, albeit with some extra help. Still, there’s a certain artistic quality to this one:
So what say you, America? Has Old Milwaukee once again struck viral gold, or is Canseco best in 140-character doses?
- Filed Under:
- Jose Canseco
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts