- The First Trailer For Mike Tyson's New Cartoon, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Is Hilarious (VIDEO)
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
Justin Morneau Doesn’t Need Real Teammates, He Has Imaginary Teammates To High-Five
Minnesota Twins first baseman Justin Morneu had gone 168 at bats without a home run, the longest such streak of his career. Last night, his dry spell ended with a two-run dinger to right field. And because baseball players are assholes, he gets the silent treatment from his teammates in the dugout.
What does Morneau do? He pretends he has supportive teammates and he gives them some imaginary high-fives.
Morneau said after the game:
“You can stand there and look like an idiot or high-five the air like an idiot. I chose to high-five the air like an idiot. It was fun.”
This is reason #4028 why the baseball season is too damn long. Players get so bored of giving out daps they have pretend not to notice their teammate’s home run just to stay partially awake during games. There’s a reason you don’t see this in sports where the regular season actually matters.
On the other hand, I do appreciate that baseball is the last professional sport where a borderline overweight athlete can maintain a nice salary while still fucking around with his teammates. No wonder it’s America’s past-time.
- Undefeated Holly Holm Signs with Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List