- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Watch A Kansas City Royals Blogger Get Hit By A 92 MPH Pitch
It’s one of the most common criticisms for an athlete to levy at a writer the second said writer says something they don’t like: “They never played the game.” Well, as far as we can tell, the Kansas City Royals’ Wilson Betemit didn’t say that about Kansas City Star Royals blogger Lee Judge when Judge suggested earlier this season Betemit should have let himself get hit by an 81-mph slider with the bases loaded to force in a run.
Judge himself, though, was apparently a different story. Did he know what it was like to get hit with an 81-mph slider? That led to this:
Then I started thinking — what if I manned up, put my money (or my elbow) where my mouth was and stepped in front of one?
He started sharing this idea with some of the Royals themselves, who happily – like, really happily – obliged.
I made the mistake of telling Jason Kendall what I was thinking. His response? “You wearing an elbow pad?” as he rummaged through his locker.
“Uh, yeah, I guess so … what are you doing?”
“Getting you an elbow pad — we’re gonna get this done right now.”
And they got it done. And those in attendance sure seemed to enjoy it. Oh, by the way – Judge didn’t get hit by an 81-mph pitch after all. No, the one that hit him went 92. Hey, not only did it have to win Judge some serious respect from the team, it also serves as a pretty good stand-in for the last two decades of Royals fandom. Video below, via Juding the Royals.
We’re sorry, this video can not be played in your browser.
- Filed Under:
- kansas city royals
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Michael Jordan Admits to Being Racist?
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco