- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Watch A Kansas City Royals Blogger Get Hit By A 92 MPH Pitch
It’s one of the most common criticisms for an athlete to levy at a writer the second said writer says something they don’t like: “They never played the game.” Well, as far as we can tell, the Kansas City Royals’ Wilson Betemit didn’t say that about Kansas City Star Royals blogger Lee Judge when Judge suggested earlier this season Betemit should have let himself get hit by an 81-mph slider with the bases loaded to force in a run.
Judge himself, though, was apparently a different story. Did he know what it was like to get hit with an 81-mph slider? That led to this:
Then I started thinking — what if I manned up, put my money (or my elbow) where my mouth was and stepped in front of one?
He started sharing this idea with some of the Royals themselves, who happily – like, really happily – obliged.
I made the mistake of telling Jason Kendall what I was thinking. His response? “You wearing an elbow pad?” as he rummaged through his locker.
“Uh, yeah, I guess so … what are you doing?”
“Getting you an elbow pad — we’re gonna get this done right now.”
And they got it done. And those in attendance sure seemed to enjoy it. Oh, by the way – Judge didn’t get hit by an 81-mph pitch after all. No, the one that hit him went 92. Hey, not only did it have to win Judge some serious respect from the team, it also serves as a pretty good stand-in for the last two decades of Royals fandom. Video below, via Juding the Royals.
We’re sorry, this video can not be played in your browser.
- Filed Under:
- kansas city royals
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts